Approach to the Real Estate Sciences and Scope
Expertise in real estate development is a rapidly developing new field of study or profession. In the graduate programs at the Department, it is aimed for the participants, besides presenting the possibility of a new and dynamic career in the field of valuation of real estate, to gain analysis and strategy development form the aspect of different sector players like real estate planners, owners, investors, financiers, business owners and users. Graduate education and research priorities and topics are as follows:
- real estate valuation (appraisal) techniques and practices,
- business valuation,
- valuation of historical and cultural assets,
- real estate project development and project appraisal,
- real estate project management and supervision,
- the principles of real estate and investment analysis,
- real estate investment and financing,
- development of the secondary market of real estate financing, and real estate-backed securities and organization,
- real estate marketing and marketing management,
- real estate marketing, investment and sales consultancy,
- real estate information systems and value maps,
- development planning implementations (the value of land-based regulation), land and housing policies,
- real estate, development, construction and contract laws and its applications,
- land consolidation, land economics, management and policies,
- land use planning and protection – use policies,
- system design and management of the watershed,
- the privatization of public enterprises and public real property management,
- the acquisition of land for investment projects, land acquisition and resettlement policies and practices,
- real estate management and real estate management training and professional markets (commercial real estate, site, holiday village, health and education facilities, co-operative management),
- credit rating studies,
- economic and financial crimes investigation of the taxation of immovable properties,
- risk management and insurance activities in real estate and construction.
Ankara University has opened graduate programs in order to share its knowledge related to real estate development issues with professionals and experts, working actively in the real estate industry and to strengthen the research in the development of real estate and the capacity of human resources. Graduate programs aim to educate industry leaders and researchers choosing real estate sciences as the area of expertise, having a comprehensive and versatile education.
The students, who are eligible for enrollment in graduate real estate development programs at Ankara University and graduate, are provided the opportunity to understand the issues around the real estate sector and to plan a career. Graduate programs allow them to understand real property in detail, to develop in-depth expertise, and through project works and summer internships, to gain work experience. The connection between theory and experience in the sector is a permanent priority of the programs. Students on real-world case studies and projects, working with academic staff, attempt to understand the real estate principles and seek to achieve solutions that are based on facts. Internship opportunities that take place during the summer offers the opportunity of the integration of what is learned in the classroom with the real-world experience and to learn from industry professionals.
Currently, in the department, around 1000 students that have received bachelor’s degree from a total of 16 different branches continue education activities. Besides the Master’s, Doctorate and Integrated Doctorate Programs, the opportunity to study with domestic and foreign experts for post-doctoral research is also offered on the fields mentioned above.
Our Department, which is in a central location in Tandoğan Campus, continues its educational activities with a student study room with internet access, a library, a seminar hall, 6 classrooms and 2 laboratories. There are 6 elevators with handicapped support for the needs of our disabled students and ramps for the floor height differences where needed.